Saturday, February 11, 2006

Well Then

Those of you have read this blog in the past will know that a)the writing isn't all that good and b) it's infrequently updated, indeed, moribund since Canada Day last.

While I make no firm promises as to future updates, I will declare this: I hereby pledge myself to keeping this off of Smith's Dead Blogs link, from now until July, unless I really can't be bothered. So, with this wholly equivocal commitment made, let us begin to barely meet it.

When I started this, I was in Lethbridge, and had nothing better to do on the Internet than read webcomics and the blogs of everyone Steve knew, and others besides. But, last spring, two big things happened: I moved back to Edmonton, and I upgraded my computer. This meant that MSN would no longer be my main point of contact, and that I would be able to catch up on my PC gaming. I'd been gone from Counter-Strike too long to get back into as deep as I had been in second year. Yes, I was leet, or 1337, and nigh on uber 1337 when I had to leave the U of A. Some claim that the two or linked, but I believe that to be a fallacy of the sic hoc, ergo propter ho type.

Anyways, I played a little CS, but I didn't have the hardware to run CS: Source, and that's where all the action is these days, so I went and got hooked on an even better drug, World of WarCrack, er, WarCraft. This game is so wicked-awesome-cool, that I no longer was able to waste my time reading blogs, because I was wasting my time leveling a character, or trying to make money on the Auction House, or just Fishing. Yes, this game has fishing, and that's just one of the reasons I love it.

So, between that, and work, that's pretty much all I've been up to for the last 7 months or so. By mid-August I had a 36 Human Paladin on the same PvE server as my buddy Paul. Then, I went to Dark Iron, a PvP server, after the guys at Penny Arcade issued a call to defeat the PvP Online Horde. Long story short, I created a Dwarven Hunter, yadda yadda yadda, he's now level 50 and has a big red Hyena named Clifford, and I'm pissed off that I'm not at level 60 and running with all the people I used to run with. But, whatever, I've had 4 days that I haven't been paid for in the last fourty odd.

Yes, my name is Mark, and I am a Big Geek. In other news, I think I have decided what to do with my life, post-secondary & career wise. But that can wait, as it will give me an excuse for another post.