Monday, October 18, 2004

I Heart Banks

Why is it that in an age where millions of dollars can be wired around the wrold in seconds, crippling economies and making fortunes, and where you can use your interac card without even leaving the table at the restaurant, it takes two weeks for $378.48 to clear? I thought the large Canadian Banks were incredibly efficient, and had great, centralized IT services. The money left my account on October first, but the wheels only start moving now, because it takes 10 business days? Bullshit.There are two people needed to perform this transaction, one at each bank. The computer doesn't give a shit, once its entered it should be able to merrily chug away, pushing bits around the ether until it hits the recipients account. But no, I need to wait two weeks so that the wheels can even begin to turnon the other end. I could understand that they need to wait til the money leaves the account, but the cheque was dated for the first, and the money left my account on the first, so I couldn't cancel the payment now if I tried. Whatever, I'm tired and bitter. COming up, Why I hate the National Student Loan Service Centre and why I might not be able to finish the semester if they jerk me around some more(hint, this is part of it).