Friday, September 03, 2004

Not Quite Dead Yet....

Sorry for the Hiatus. Bear with me until Wednesday. I'm losing my only functioning computer (which I just got fixed last night, but whatever) to my sister, who is moving up to Westlock to attend Grant MacEwan's Nursing Rural Delivery Programme. But, I wil be able to use the pc's in the Campus lab,so posting will resume remi-regularly.

Anyways, In order to provide some sort of entertainment, here is a list of things i learned working at the slaughterhouse this summer.

1. 1300 Pigs take up less space than one would think, once neatly packed into boxes.
2. The Japanese eat some really, really weird shit. I mean, Pork Rectum? Tongue Cartilage? Thanks, I'll pass.
3. Wearing a Chain Mail Gauntlet is inherently cool.
4. If your incredibly bored, performing phallic and/or homo-erotic gestures on a pork loin will always get you a laugh.
5. And if your too tired for that, simply giving your Supervisor/Lead Hand/Co-Worker/Plant Manager the middle finger will at least get a smile, and aabout 5 seconds of relief form the monotony. Same applies to calling Lead Hand/Supervisor etc by any name that refers to female anatomy and a lack of work ethic. Or just telling them to fuck off.

That's about all for now. Will post more on Wednesday.