Friday, July 30, 2004

That the singer's going to sing a song, and he wants you all to sing along

So I've had Seargant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band in my head all day. One of the good things about my job is that, whenever a song has been in my head so long that I need to sing it LOUDLY, no one really cares. It's a combination of the ambient noise making it impossible for them to hear me anyways, and because as weird as I may strike people there, there's still at least 5 people that are weirder. Anyways, god damn John, Paul, George and Ringo for creating such catchy shit. I had to belt out the song a good three times before the itch subsided, only to be replaced by the beginning of Sublime's all too catchy "Smoke Two Joints". What with my eyes being bloodshot for the last month or so and my constant repition of that song, my supervisor probably thinks I'm chronic.

Many thanks this week to Andrew Coyne. Not because I particularly agree with him, but for mentioning 97X WOXY in saturday's column. Been listening to it all week, and it kick ass. I would listen to CKUA, but I only really have a chance to listen to the classical show, or the brand-new student station in town, but they're a little to un-even in sogn selection for my likling, even by student radio standards.

Starting at 18h00 MST, I am going to embark on my "Big Plan" for the weekend: to get as much sleep in the follwoing 24 hours as possible. I plan on being physically in my bed for at least 23 of those hours, asleep or no. But with that spare hour, I plan on eating, drinking, and perhaps blogging, so if you leave a comment (in the unlikely case that anyone other than Janet leaves one, rest assured it will be replied to during my next bout of consciousness.

Also, Legendary Geisha kick ass in S:TW. In my new game, I sat back and consolidated my holdings on Kyushu and built up my economy before expanding onto Ronin provinces on Shikoku and Honshu, and then using two Geisha to eliminate all the other Daimyo and heirs. Dirty Trick: flood an "allied" province bordering yours you with 8-10 Shinobi and wait for it to go Ronin before invading. You've got a new province, and you still have your allaince intact. So, now I all I need to do is mop-up the Ronin and Japan is mine.

Peace Out (for a day ish)