Thursday, July 29, 2004

At least it's not Goofy

Been up to not a hell of a lot. Left work sick on Tuesday half-way through, and spent most of today in bed. Think it's some kind of flu, as after loads of fluids and Chicken Noodle Soup I'm felling better. The doctor is also running some bloodwork and what not, but thats another sotry entirely ( I hope). Haven't really been getting anywhere in Shogun, as the middle game gets pretty boring if you haven't paid attention to your tech tree. Essentially, I have a tonne of low-level units, but I've neglected to develop things enough so that I can get Geisha Assasins, or the cool No-Dachi Samurai units. So, I started a new game. I didn't get a manual with my copy of the game, so I had to hunt around on-line to find that tech-tree chart and other stuff. This time, I'll rule Japan within a week, or commit seppuku! As an aside, here's a screenshot that illustrates the epic battle vibe.

Watched Swingers tonight for the first time. I had heard good things about it, especially from Marko, my Film Studies instructor. Apparently it's his favourite film ever. I thought it was pretty good, but not worthy of cracking my own top five list (and no, I don't keep track further than that. I tried making a Top Ten list, and it just got too hard.). My favourite scene would have to be the conversation/relationship with the answering machine. Second would have the be the swing-dancing. I quite enjoy it, and find myself missing dance classes a lot. And unlike Roman, I didn't do it to meet chicks. Being from a country music loving family, I've two-stepped since I was 6, and ballroom always struck me as fun. Dance was the only time I kicked ass in junior high gym class, which helped make up fo rthe fact that I couldn't do a lay-up until grade 9, despite having about 6 inches on the class. Yes, I was/am a dork. All in all, funny movie, and Marko says the rest of it better than me.

Many thanks to Steve "Julian" Smith for giving me a plug on his site. I figure over 75% of my hits have come from there, so thanks, Comrade-in-Organized-Labour. And with that, I need sleep if I want to be at my job and semi-functional at 6 AM.